Nothing Labs now has a laser cutter!
The Full Spectrum 40 Watt Laser Cutter showed up about a week ago.
Here's a video documenting my experience thus far:
- It works pretty well!
- Deluxe package really includes everything you need to start cutting for $2500 with shipping
- 40 Watt laser can handle up to 1/4" acrylic / MDF / other stuff
- Documentation does exist - and is mostly decent (you can check this out online)
- U.S. support base / active online forums
- USB support - with "print to cut" style drivers
- Manual z-axis is easy to get off-level / difficult to re-align / is generally dodgy
- Air pump (external) overheated and failed after a few hours (fortunately had one on hand)
- "Spotting" laser pointer had a bad connector
In short - I'm quite happy with it.
Update: Full Spectrum says they haven't gotten other reports of air pump failures - and offered to replace mine.
Starting this week - name plates for the Nothing Labs Electronic Cloud Chamber will be laser cut:
Gearbox for speed 400 motor made out of 1/4" acrylic: